Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Overcoming Depression and Going From Dead Broke to Paying Off ALL Your Bills in Two Years or Less!

Overcoming Depression and Going From Dead Broke to Paying Off ALL Your Bills in Two Years or Less!

Join me on my personal journey to take back my life.

From Cleve Horrocks – Former Real Estate Sales Agent and Broker/Attraction Marketing Mentor

One year ago I started a unique journey as I made the decision to change my life. I wrote the following as an introduction to a book that I planned on writing to re-focus my thoughts away from the depression that had engulfed me. For the prior 8 months following the collapse of the real estate market I had been caught up in thoughts of failure and despair. Here goes;

As I write this I have less than $200 to my name and owe more than $330,000. I’m making less than $250 per week (half of which goes to my ex-wife), separated from my wife, and living in an apartment over the garage of a friend’s home. In short, I am broke. Dead Broke. Destitute even. I haven’t had a decent paycheck since October of 2008 (more than 8 months now). My business activities have crumbled. I am severely depressed (and have been for quite a while now) with thoughts of suicide. I’ve got a broken rib and some pulled muscles. I haven’t had any health insurance since 1997, about 12 years now, and I seriously need money to pay my bills, new tires on my car, several thousand dollars worth of dental work, and new eyeglasses to see with. Most of all, I need to pay off my back child/family support.
 
Is any of this going to stop me?
 
NO!
 
In the 1980’s, I was able to achieve a modest level of success with a young family and a net worth that exceeded $350,000. In the early 1990’s I lost it all. And then some. I ended up owing more than $140,000 then. The stress was so bad that I clogged the shower drain almost every morning with the hair falling out of my head. One night I went blind in my left eye. All due to stress. Thoughts of drugs, alcohol, and suicide filled my head. Yet, somehow, I made it through. I survived. And then in the mid 1990’s, I had an amazing religious experience and conversion. In the late 1990’s and early 2000’s I rebuilt my life and learned much of great value.
 
In these pages are the things that helped me to overcome my circumstances and depression back then. And I believe that they will help me again as I put them back to work. I write them down now to refocus my mind and energy on these things that I know from my own past experiences work. To help bring myself back out of anger and depression and back to that success which I know is mine. If I will but apply myself in the proper channels.
 
I write this out of great need. Out of great need comes great desire. Out of great desire comes great action. Out of great action comes great results. And out of great results comes great satisfaction. Peace of mind. A sense of accomplishment.
 
I need help. Not a handout. Not a free ride. But a helping hand. A hand up. I am asking you to find it in your heart to buy this book and share it with others. By doing so, I pray that your life and the lives of others, your friends and family who you share this with,  will be blessed and improved as we apply these principles together.

I never finished the book, but I did change my thinking. And that has made all the difference. Over the next several months I will be following a path that I believe will lead to success and the ability to pay off all of my debts. I hope that you will join me on the journey!

Thank you.

Cleve

ps: If you want to learn more about a system to help you attract more leads to your business, please go to: http://bit.ly/cLiW8K

No comments: